Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Grounded!




I didn't start the day so good, but I finished on a good note...but the dad didn't agree. This morning, dad put me on the floor, so I ran over to the mom and stood on her fuzzy socks. When she went to pick me up, I bitted her....hard. She said some baaaadd words at me! For most of the rest of the day, I hung out with the dad. I had him lulled into compliance. He never suspected the plotting that was going on in my evil little mind! He left me on top of my cage and went to the bathroom for all of 30 seconds, but that's all I needed. Quick as a wink I scooted down, ran across the dashboard and ran up the chair. I proceeded to scissor-beak the driver's seat. Pretty soon dad came out from the bathroom and saw what I was doing. Oh boy was he MAD!!!! I was snatched up and immediately put into my cage where I spent the rest of the day.

If anyone knows how to fix leather that's been "beaked", let me know so I can get outta this cage!

-Snuggy in jail

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snuggy...
I can't believe that you bit your mom.. I would never bite the hand that feeds me ;)
The leather on the other hand, that is something I would do. But I don't think I would do it all in the same day. I’m not sure of what you can do to fix this. But if you can figure it out please drop me a line. I’ll need it for the next time I get in trouble.
Love Louie

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Snuggy and Louie... We tell mom that beak damage adds "character" to the finest furniture and collectibles. The Senegals own the record for having ruined the most expensive item to date. Elliott chewed through the wood canopy of mom's cherry canopy bed years ago. Keep on beakin' The 3 'tooges.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snuggy,

It sounds too' me like you are unhappy about somthing. Could it be that you don't like your parents working?

10:25 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you everyone for writing. Louie - I don't know what came over me, maybe a flash of hormones.

3 tooges- Those lil birdies did that much damage???

Auntie Linda - My dad works in the RV so it's just the mom that's gone all day. I still have puhlenty of company. I wish you'd visit us!

3:43 PM  
Blogger BirdSlaveLady said...

What a beautiful 'Too! Louie, I say that all the time to my birdies, "How can you bite.." etc.
They laugh. They say it's only a love bite! We have had a number of fixes for bird damage (we have 3 Amazons, 2 Goffins, 1 Macaw)but nothing permanent or attractive. Now I use throws to prevent damage and buy fabrics they don't like as much. Our TT had vinyl (faux leather) and I covered it with layers of brown paper and taped it down. Then threw a throw over it. The birdies didn't care for the throw. I also give them lots and lots of toys on perches and in the cage and on top of the cage to keep them occupied. -KeikoasMom

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home