Thursday, May 04, 2006

My biggest day ever! (Salt Lake City)

Tooday I took a trip to Cockatoo Street, a very nice home of 10, count 'em 10 cockatoos! I, met Cari & Gregg Anders and their 'toos. I'm not going to remember all the names, but I'll try to remember them all. I met Chickin, Sam, Buddy, Ellie, Cupid, Clancy, and that's all I can remember. When we went upstairs, they opened the door to the birdy room, and I was FREAKED out. I mean there was ropes, toys, and cages everywhere! It was so overwhelming, that I headed for the hills. Then dad came and got me, and they took me in that sceary room & closed the door. Cari looked friendly enough, so I jumped on her. She had a bird named Ellie, that looks like me, but outweighs me by over 100 grams. She was pretty friendly. We occasionally had to share a shoulder, but that was ok too.

Then later, the husband, Gregg came home. He was ok, so I jumped on him, and made his day by letting him scritch under my wings. He seemed to know what he was doing. Then we went downstairs and ate something. Mom offered me something, but I learned to never let a boy see you eat, so I demurely declined. But I couldn't resist when they brought out the peanut butter! Yum! I LOVE peanut butter. After that we decided to leave because I was exhausted. Whew!

It was a good day! By the way...dad & mom brought the camera, but forgot to take pictures. Hopefully we can get together with them again and get some good shots!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, now I'm upset! The next time I see you, you'd better jump on my shoulder and let me scritch you under the wing!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home