Monday, February 06, 2006

Whew! Been busy in Tucson!


Hi there! Baby Snug reporting in. This is the first time I’ve had a chance to update my blog in awhile because I’ve been sooooo busy. Plus I didn’t have internet and I type slow anyway. I can only type with my beakie, so it’s sloooww. Mom & dad finally figured out that the reason I’m so restless in the morning is that I demand a bike ride every morning. It helps get my blood pumping. Besides, there’s nothing better than crouching down in an aerodynamic position and feeling the wind whip thru my feathers. Here’s a picture of me and mom speeding around the campground in Tucson.


The other friends I met were a whole menagerie of animals! It started when I spotted Peaches, a rather sharp looking molluccan cockatoo in the front windshield of a motorhome down the street from me. When mom took me to meet him, it turned out there were two very nice ladies, Kathleen & Janet and their gang: Alfie (‘nother talking bird that doesn’t talk), Wasseau a cake bird (caique), Toots a little black capped conure who had the most ‘tude, a 14 yr. old cat that also likes scratches, and a blind/deaf 3 legged dog. He was the quietest of all. Peaches (aka “Peaches & Screams”) is an ever bigger scritch hoe than I am! Not only did he let my mom, a virtual stranger, scritch him, but he put his head on her tummy, walked onto her lap, and ALMOST came up to MY shoulder!!! He’s lucky that he didn’t or I woulda given him a piece of my beakie! Here’s a picture of Peaches & Kathleen and mom & I:

The other birdie they had that was a lot of fun was Wasseau, the caique. Not only is he colorful and very active, but he eats like a PIG! I saw him eat a whole apple slice and then one of the seed balls I brought over. I don’t know where he puts it all. Next time someone says you eat like a bird, they are really saying you are a pig. Here’s a picture of Wasseau:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home